Your choice of single deep, double deep or triple medium brood boxes.
Ontario overwintered queen.
Includes outer cover, brood box(es) with mix of old and newer frames, bottom board.
Some things to keep in mind when you pick up your bees:
- Transportation: sealing, taping, or closing bees in any way are your responsibility when picking up.
- Bring your protective clothing.
- It's best to pick up bees when the foragers are in house. This is why we strictly schedule pick up times between 8:00pm & 9:00pm
- The optimum transport is the back of a pickup, although the bees can be restricted for car transport (at your own risk)
- Ratchet tie down straps are needed for transporting singles and full colonies.
- We do not stop the flight of bees or close entrances. IT IS OUR POLICY NOT TO RESTRICT BEES FOR TRANSPORT. It's up the new owner to decide how to move their bees.
- For car transport you may wish to bring a sheet or netting to cover the bees.
- We're not responsible for bees that get over heated once they leave our care.
- All bees sold are in need of larger living quarters right away. Nucs will need to be installed into waiting 10 frame equipment. Singles will need their second box. Doubles will need to have honey supers put on. The bees we sell are strong and need the room when you get them.
* Note hives don't appear like in photo. It's just a google image.